I’m always trying out different diets and experimenting with how I feel, perform and look. I then put the best of the best in my programs for you! So kind, right!?
Whilst getting ready for a vacation I was reading Michael Greger’s book, ‘How Not To Die’ and was blown away by what an informative, interesting and helpful read it was. I found it so positively empowering that naturally I had to do two things.
- Go plant based (vegan)
- Cut out all artificial sweeteners and chemicals
It works for Jared Leto…
and Zac Efron…
So, why not right!?
Plant Based Results
Plant Based Diet
Michael Greger’s book, ‘How Not To Die’ makes it real clear – load up on various foods (carbs, protein and fats) that are jam packed full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that are backed by science to be beneficial for you and remove anything that science says it may harm you. It’s an evidence based diet.
Before my vacation a typical day of eating looked like this:
- Freshly squeezed lemon / lime juice in water
- Juice (beetroot, cucumber, celery, ginger)
- Oatmeal with blueberries and raspberries (and cinnamon!)
- Red kidney beans, chickpeas, sweet potato, quinoa, brown rice, avocado, onion, garlic
- Rice pudding (brown rice) with organic honey and raisins
- Fruit (bananas, apples, kewi, mango)
Eating on Vacation
During my vacation I ate SO MUCH FOOD. It was a buffet, half board so I had a medium sized breakfast, fasted all day and then a huge dinner, I mean I ate ALL THE FOOD. If it was plant based – I had it! I was on a OMAD (One Meal A Day) X 2 diet because, who can skip a free breakfast on holiday!?
Push Ups and Plants…
Along with a purely plant based diet for this trip I of course used my Diamond Push Up Program along with:
- Aqua Gym (killer workout!)
- Daily Walks
- Bike Riding
- Evening Dancing
Plus every activity that hotel put on! Table tennis, archery, football, water polo, volleyball etc.
Let me know, are you plant based? 100% vegan? 80%? Carnivore?
A mix of everything?